Mathews County Treasurer's Office accepts Credit Card PaymentsThe Mathews County Treasurer's Office now accepts American Express, Discover, Visa and Mastercard for payment of the following taxes either online, or by telephone through a third party vendor - Official Payments. If you would like to pay in person with a debit or credit card the office accepts Discover, Mastercard or Visa.
- Personal Property taxes
- Real Estate taxes
*A convenience fee is added per debit or credit card transaction.
Convenience, Flexibility, and Rewards
Proven Safe and ReliableThis service is safe, reliable, and in accordance with all state and government regulations. In order to process your payment, Official Payments Corporation, the credit card service provider, charges a nominal convenience fee based on the amount of the transaction. To view the fee schedule click HERE.
Easy Payments via Phone or InternetTo pay by credit card call the toll-free number 1-800-2PAY-TAX (800-272-9829) or visit www.officialpayments.com to pay taxes by credit card over the Internet. (For telephone payments, enter your Jurisdiction Code 1077 when prompted)
You will be asked to enter information such as:
- The type of tax or fee
- A bill or invoice number
- Your credit card information
- The amount of the tax or fee payment
The system will tell you:
- The total of your payment, including the appropriate fee
- Obtain approval of the charge
- Provide you with a confirmation number. Be sure to write down your confirmation number as a record of your payment. The charge will also appear on your credit card statement: the tax amount on one line, the convenience fee amount on a separate line.
2.75% fee of the amount paid is charged for each payment.
Please Note: All fees are paid to Official Payments Corporation for the cost of providing this service. The County of Mathews does not retain any portion of this fee.