P.O. Box 305
Mathews, Virginia 23109
The elected post of Treasurer was created in the Virginia Constitution of 1870. The Treasurer's Independent status as an elected official ensures that local funds will be collected, invested and spent by an officer who reports directly to the people.
The Treasurer is the chief financial officer for Mathews County, collecting taxes and local fees, and making payments on behalf of the local government. The Treasurer manages the investment of local funds and maintains records of local finances. The Treasurer is responsible for every form of revenue which comes to Mathews County including: Real Estate Taxes, Tangible Personal Property Taxes, License Taxes, Meals Tax, Sheriff and Clerk Fees and Dog Tags.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- Real Estate due dates: June 5th and December 5th of each year.
- Personal Property due date: December 5th of each year
- Business License due dates: Gross receipts figures due to the Commissioner of the Revenue by March 1st of each year. Business License Payment due April 1st of each year.
- Meals Tax due date: The 20th of each month.
- Dog License due date: By December 31st of each year.