Clerk of Circuit Court
P.O. Box 463
10622 Buckley Hall Road STE A
Mathews, VA 23109
2019 Clerk's Office Closings
THE HONORABLE ANGELA C. INGRAM, CLERK
The Clerk’s Office is open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00pm; Recording ends at 3:45 p.m.
The Clerk of the Circuit Court is a Constitutional Official elected by the voters of the locality. The Clerk of Court is charged with the custody, safekeeping and proper indexing of legal and quasi-legal papers deposited in her office.
Clerk’s Office Responsibilities
- Filing of Civil Suits
- Docketing and Filing of Criminal Actions
- Filing Adoption Petitions
- Recording Land Records and Plats
- Probating Wills
- Issuing Marriage Licenses
- Recording Military Discharge Forms
- Issuing Concealed Handgun Permits
- Issuing Assumed Business/Fictitious Names
- Filing Judgments
- Administering Oaths
Secure remote access of land records beginning July 1, 2006 is now available for $50 per month. Please call the Clerk's office for more information.
- Secure Remote Application
- Pay fines Online
- Deferred Installment Plan is available; please see terms or call for more details.
- Proposed Amendments to the Constitution of Virginia 2019
Important Dates to Remember:
- Term Day 3rd Monday, every other month at 9:30 am. 3rd Tuesday in the month of January
January, March, May, July, September, November
- Praecipe Must be filed by Wednesday of preceding week of Term Day