Convenience, Flexibility, and Rewards
Enjoy the convenience, flexibility, and rewards of credit card payments for taxes or fees. In cooperation with the County of Mathews, Virginia, Official Payments Corporation offers individuals and businesses the opportunity to pay taxes or fees by telephone or directly over the Internet.
Proven Safe and Reliable
This service is safe, reliable, and in accordance with all state and government regulations. In order to process your payment, Official Payments Corporation, the credit card service provider, charges a nominal convenience fee based on the amount of the transaction. To view the fee schedule click HERE.
Easy Payments via Phone or Internet
To pay by credit card call the toll-free number 1-800-2PAY-TAX (800-272-9829) or visit www.officialpayments.com to pay taxes by credit card over the Internet. (For telephone payments, enter your Jurisdiction Code 1077 when prompted)
You will be asked to enter information such as:
- The type of tax or fee
- A bill or invoice number
- Your credit card information
- The amount of the tax or fee payment
The system will tell you:
- The total of your payment, including the appropriate fee
- Obtain approval of the charge
- Provide you with a confirmation number. Be sure to write down your confirmation number as a record of your payment. The charge will also appear on your credit card statement: the tax amount on one line, the convenience fee amount on a separate line.