Removal and Replacement of Lee-Jackson Elementary School Shingled Roof
- Department:Administration, Finance
- RFP Number:19-003
- Start Date:02/05/2019 9:10 AM
- Close Date:TBD
Mathews County Public Schools in Mathews, Virginia seeks proposals from qualified contractors for the removal and replacement of shingled roof at Lee-Jackson Elementary School.
Location: Lee-Jackson Elementary School, 347 Church Street, Mathews County, Virginia 23109
Scope of Work: Furnish a proposal to include all necessary materials, labor, equipment and construction management to complete installation of new asphalt shingles on Lee-Jackson Elementary School according to the following scope:
- Strip all existing roof materials to roof deck (bare wood).
- Replace any damaged plywood.
- Re-nail existing plywood or other boards where needed.
- Apple ice and water shield at eaves, pipes, cooking hood vents, boiler stacks, hot water vent, rakes, valleys, ridges and hips, to include other necessary areas.
- Replace any stink pipe boots.
- Cover remaining roof with high performance felt.
- Apply new shingle materials to match color and specifications of newly shingled gym roof. (See Section: Base Bid)
- Implement safety measures appropriate for working school site pre-construction, during construction and post-construction/clean up.
- All disturbed areas surrounding building to be graded and recovered with topsoil, seed and straw.
- Contractor shall keep work areas neat at the end of each work day and contained through the duration of the job.
- All work must comply with the 2015 Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code, specifically the 2015 Virginia Existing Building Code (Section 307).
- All construction safeguards in Chapter 12 of the 2015 Virginia Existing Building Code shall apply and must be met.
- Permits are required and must be obtained prior to any work starting.
- No permit fee will be assessed for work on a County School.
- The Asbestos Certification Form must be completed and submitted with the Permit Application.
Approx. 52,614 sq. ft. of replacement area not including the gym roof. The current roof system consists of fiberglass shingle on top of 5/8" plywood spanning between trussed rafters (wood trusses). 30lb. Roofing felt. Ice and water shield at eaves, rakes, valleys, ridges, and hips. Trussed rafters are supported on masonry bearing walls. Addition to dining hall area includes two rows of columns between bearing walls. This support is to consist of a line of steel beams bearing on steel tube columns.
Optional Site Visit: All prospective offerors may obtain a tour of the property by contacting Donald Hall at (804) 815-0444.
Project Contact: Nancy B. Welch, Division Superintendent (804) 725-3909, email@example.com
Proposal Submittal Deadline & Location: March 1, 2019 at 2 p.m. - Mathews County School Board Office, 63 Church Street, P.O. Box 369, Mathews, VA 23109
*see attached document for additional information
Sealed proposals shall be submitted marked "Lee-Jackson Elementary Roofing Project 2019" on the outside of the envelope, addressed to:
Mathews County School Board Office
ATTEN: Nancy B. Welch, Division Superintendent
63 Church Street, P.O. Box 369
Mathews, VA 23109
Proposals will be accepted until 2:00 P.M. March 1st, 2019.
1. Submissions shall include:
A. Letter of Submittal on Offeror's Letterhead
B. Authorized representative's original signature
C. Declaration of Intent
D. Point of Contact Information
2. The offeror shall submit a copy of the manufacturer's warranty indicating duration of said warranty and install the shingles according to manufacturer's instructions.
3. The offeror shall furnish information related to the specifications of the products being used.
4. The offeror shall include a description of safety measures appropriate for a working school site.
5. Cost/Schedule: The offeror shall furnish a cost proposal and schedule as part of the package.
6. A copy of applicable business license and insurance certificate(s) must accompany bid to including bonding statement.
*see attached document for additional information
7. Performance and Payment Bonds, both in the total contact amount are required by the Owner as a condition of the award.
Replace approx. 52,614 sq. ft. of replacement area not including the gym roof. Shingle type to be comparable to current recently installed gym roof. Refer to Scope of Work.
Current Gym Roof: CertainTeed Asphalt Shingle Products (2017) Lifetime Products Landmark PRO warranty period Lifetime
Proposals will be accepted for metal roofing systems.
Drainage Repair/Replacement Project – Lee-Jackson Elementary School Mathews County, VA
Location: to the rear of Lee-Jackson Elementary School on Church Street in Mathews County.
Description: Furnish a proposal to support the design, construction, and overall project management for repair and/or replacement of the failing outfall drainage pipes to include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Environmental compliance
- Utility relocation and design (if necessary)
- Quality assurance and quality control
- Construction Management
Pre-bid meeting & project area walkthrough – A project pre-proposal meeting for potential offerors will be held Tuesday May 29, 2018 at 10 AM – Historic Courthouse, 27 Court Street in Mathews, Virginia
Project Contact: Thomas Jenkins, Director of Planning & Zoning (804) 725-4034 tjenkins@mathewscountyVA.gov.
Proposal Submittal Deadline & Location: Friday June 8, 2018 at 4 PM – Planning & Zoning Office, 50 Brickbat Road in Mathews, Virginia.
The purpose of this RFP is to determine if a qualified offeror is available for award of a design-build contract for the project. The project involves unearthing and replacing existing drainage pipes, junction boxes, inlets, outlets, and other drainage structures. The project consists of a base bid and two additional sections. Issuance of an award for the additional sections is contingent on bid amount and available funds. Refer to sketches by Ballou, Justice, Upton & Associates and Thomas Hunter School Site Plan by Wayne Lewis LS in bidding documents.
Replace approx. 260 LF twin 42” metal pipe with equivalent size pipe – material to be determined by expected surface traffic. Install riprap scour protection at outlet. Replace existing concrete junction box and yard drain. All disturbed areas to be recovered with topsoil, seed, and straw.
Additive section #1
Replace approx. 300 LF twin 42” metal pipe with equivalent size pipe - material to be determined by expected surface traffic. Connect downstream end of new pipe to new junction box in base bid. Replace existing junction box and yard drain approx. 100 LF upstream of new junction box in base bid. Terminate pipe at upstream end in existing riprap open pit.
Additive section #2
Replace approx. 200 LF twin 42” metal pipe with equivalent size pipe - material to be determined by expected surface traffic. Replace riprap open pit with concrete junction box and yard drain at downstream end of pipe. Install headwall and inlet at upstream end of pipe.
Submissions shall include:
- Letter of Submittal on Offeror’s letterhead
- Offeror’s full legal name and address
- Authorized representative’s original signature
- Declaration of intent
- Point of Contact information
- Project Timeline
- Price proposal
- Bonding Statement
Submissions deadline: June 8, 2018
Notice of Award: No later than June 15, 2018
Notice to Proceed: No later than Jun 28, 2018
Substantial Completion: TBD
Final Completion: TBDBallou-Justice-Upton Drawings