Hurricane Season Preparedness
It's officially Hurricane Season (June 1st-November 30th)!
Are you prepared?
Dominion Energy and Mathews County want to keep citizens safe and prepared during this time, here's how you can prepare for severe weather:
1. Create an emergency storm kit with water, non-perishable food, flashlights, batteries, and cash.
2. Sign up for Mathews County CODE RED on our Mathews County website to be informed should there be an emergency in your area.
3. Keep your phones fully charged before storms arrive (and have portable chargers!)
4. Bookmark Dominion Energy's power outage map online to stay up-to-date on restoration efforts during and after a storm.
5. Have a meet-up and/ or evacuation plan with your family and friends.
Safety is always our first priority, here are a few ways you can stay safe during storms:
1. Beware of downed power lines. Assume they are energized and dangerous. Stay at least 30 feet away and call Dominion Energy immediately at 1-866-366-4357.
2. Properly connect your generator. Ensure that it is fueled and tested before the severe weather arrives.
For more information on preparing for a hurricane or severe weather, check out Dominion Energy's video guide in the link below.