Middle Peninsula Alliance Marketing Strategy Workshops
Middle Peninsula Alliance and Virginia Tourism Corporation announce the 2018 MPA Tourism Vibrant Communities through Tourism Workshop Series
Saluda, Virginia, January 31, 2018: In partnership with the Virginia Tourism Corporation, the Middle Peninsula Alliance announces a series of Vibrant Communities Through Tourism Workshops for Tourism Venues in the Middle Peninsula Region. These Vibrant Communities Through Tourism Workshops are designed to provide hands-on strategies to embrace vibrant communities’ initiatives by providing technical assistance to leaders of smaller tourism venues in the Middle Peninsula (arts studios, museums, history venues, festivals, etc.) to learn best practices to solidify and strengthen the outreach strategies by:
1) Becoming leaders and advocates for tourism development in the Middle Peninsula region
2) understanding the value of marketing and promotion
3) learning how to connect with Virginia Tourism Corporation
4) learning how to easily produce meaningful and customer-focused promotional content
The series includes four 2-hour sessions, limited to no more than 30 participants. Breakfast or Lunch is provided. Pre-registration for any of the workshops is required. See the Evite site links below to register for each workshop.
Sessions will be held at Beale Annex Conference Room, 202 South Church Lane, Tappahannock, VA 22560. Dates and the session content is below:
- Session 1, Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 8:30AM – 11:00AM:
Destination Management 101: Why it Matters (Creating Experiences; Best Practices in Tourism Development and Marketing)
o Register at: http://evite.me/xsA2eRcvf1
- Session 2, Thursday, March 29, 2018, 11:00AM – 1:30PM: Messaging: Curating Tourism Initiatives and Entrepreneurial Development Outcomes
o Register at: http://evite.me/Z4UJkMeuTe
- Session 3, Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 11:00M – 1:30PM: Virginia Tourism Corporation Services: Partnering For Impact (promotions, grants, technical services)
o Register at: http://evite.me/JfXNnbkfFt
- Session 4, Thursday, April 26, 2018, 11:00AM – 1:30PM: Leveraging Together for Better Results: Regional Marketing (Trail and itinerary development)
o Register at: http://evite.me/8eRbtUNNak
"The unique tourism assets of the Middle Peninsula are the differentiator for the MPA's business development strategy," commented Roy Gladding, Chairman of the MPA's Tourism Committee. "We want to provide our community leaders with a good understanding of the tools and strategies that can sustain and grow this asset, and we believe these workshops will provide that support. We're thrilled to partner with the Virginia Tourism Corporation in this inaugural series."
The Middle Peninsula Alliance is the Region's economic development lead organization, with a mission to promote the assets of Virginia's Middle Peninsula by connecting people, ideas and resources to develop new opportunities and visibility for the Region.
The Middle Peninsula Alliance includes the Counties of Essex, Gloucester, King and Queen, King William, Mathews, and Middlesex and the Towns of Tappahannock and West Point. For more information on the Middle Peninsula Alliance and its programs, contact Liz Povar, Principal Officer, at 804-399- 8297 or Dawn Kirby at 804-758-2311.